Thursday 16 August 2012

Homosexuality.


The reason that I have not addressed the subject of homosexuality to any great extent is because I have reached the final stage of identity development where my homosexuality has become second nature to me.  It is just one aspect of my personality and does not dominate my life.

Others have studied the subject in detail and written extensively about the Bible passages and doctrines which relate to homosexuality.  I concur with the scholarship which finds that the brief references to homosexuality have been taken out of context and misinterpreted.

Needless to say I do not believe that God condemns me because of my homosexuality. To the contrary I believe that God is using me as a gay man to make peace between His Church and the gay community.

My experience of God is that He does not harp on matters of sexual morality.  We saw this with Jesus and the woman who was taken in adultery.  He drew in the sand and refused to condemn her.
This is in striking contrast to his Church which is obsessed with sex and sexual morality.

Homosexuality is much more of a problem for God's Church than it is for God's self.

God loves me as I am.

God's presence is with me.

God speaks to me - a gay man.


Photo Credit: °]° Flickr via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment