Tuesday 23 October 2012

Vision.

When I was about three years old, in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep, I woke up and saw a vision of God hovering beside my bed.

The image itself was traditional - an old man with long hair and beard sitting on a throne - it was all white and shining like a watermark held up to the light.

He was quite handsome and strong across the chest and shoulders.

The vision seemed to emerge from within itself and radiate outwards like a brilliant white star.

And there was no fear, as if fear had never been invented.

And God breathed on me and spoke to me.

But I could not understand what He was saying - His voice was all breath and in a language I did not understand.

Later I came to know that in Hebrew the name of God is all aspirates or Hs, i.e. the breath of life or nephesh.

Later still I discovered that in the Gospel of John Jesus breathes on the disciples when he gives them the Holy Spirit.

This childhood experience was so vivid that I can still remember it now as if it was yesterday.

Today I realized that this was a call like the call of Isaiah or Samuel.

So God is calling me to be a prophet.

A prophet of Aquarius.

A prophet is a messenger.

And the message is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment