Thursday 24 September 2015

Justice.


While attending a discussion group about the non-existence of hell one of the participants said that victims of violent crimes should expect ultimate justice.

I was shocked.

I had not realized how far I had come from the human expectation of natural justice.

My experience of God has taught me that He punishes no one.
His mercy and forgiveness extends to everyone.

The discussion then moved on to the rehabilitation of criminals.
I commented that this was totally out of fashion.
The media calls for harsher punishments whenever criminals are sentenced.
Rehabilitation seemed totally out of the question.

I realized that others did not have the benefit of experiencing God's forgiveness and therefore did not understand His infinite mercy.

The perpetrators of violent crimes are loved and forgiven by God.

As you and I are.


Photo Credit: PLF Photographie via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment