Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Rainbow Covenant.


"God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.'"  Genesis 9:12.13 (NRSV)

God vows never again to destroy all flesh.

And the sign of this covenant is the rainbow.

The rainbow is a sign of peace between God and all living creatures.

The rainbow is also the symbol of the gay community and political coalitions that protect the environment.

So the rainbow is indeed a sign of peace between God and the earth.


[Scripture quotations (marked NRSV) are taken from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., and are used by permission.  All rights reserved.]

Photo Credit: mpetr1960 Flickr via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment