Tuesday 14 February 2017

Fear.


As I was returning from a shopping expedition the other day I saw a couple seated at the tram stop.

The man was obviously distressed and was ranting at the top of his voice.
His girlfriend's face was contorted with a look of such suffering that it touched my heart.

My first reaction was fear.

Everyone was avoiding them and hurrying by.

I did not stop at the time.
But later that evening I remembered them.
I overcame my fear and opened my heart in prayer.

To my surprise my thoughts of them were surrounded by feelings of warmth and love.

I prayed for them over the next few days.

This experience confirmed for me that it is fear that stops us from loving.

When I overcame my fear I was surrounded with Love.


Photo Credit: harry_nl Flickr via Compfight cc

No comments:

Post a Comment